Current projects include:
- Measurement of fluid thermal conductivity with infinitesimal samples using a MEMS sensor.
- Noninvasive measurement of thermal transport properties of biological materials.
- Measurement of thermal transport properties of solids and soft materials.
- Experimental and theoretical modeling of freezing during cryosurgery.
- Mechanism of cell injury during freezing.
- Osmotic response and injury of cells.
- Mechanical response of bone cells subjected to repetitive loading.
- Effect of vibration on bone mass and morphology.
Projects in suspension include:
- In-situ harvesting of cultured cells under a microscope.
- Nondestructive examination of frozen state by electric impedance measurement.
- Biomechanics of cell lysis by deformation.