Chiradeep C Gupta (4 Sep. 1971 Kolkatta West Bengal, India)
- General: Mechanical Behaviour of Structural Materials, Fracture Mechanics, X-ray micro-tomography
- Specific Areas of Interest: Deformation and fracture behavior of structural materials in presence of embrittlement phenomena, Creep, Application of X-ray micro tomography and related techniques for study of damage in structural materials, fatigue of materials and Ultra-fine grained (UFG) materials produced by severe plastic deformation.
- Currently, an armchair admirer and keen follower of popular sports such as Cricket, Tennis and Badminton. Listening to contemporary bollywood music.
- M.E (1996), B.E (1992) in Production Engineering, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India.
- Ph.D. (2007), Metallurgical Engineering, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India.
- Quality Control Executive, Heavy Foundry Division, Mukand Ltd., Kalwe, Mumbai, India, August 1992 to June 1994.
- Executive, Stamping Division, Crompton Greaves Ltd. Kanjur Marg, Mumbai, India, March 1996 to April 1998.
- Visiting Scientist at Institute für Werkstoffwissenschaften LS 1, Universitat Erlangen-Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany, from May 2002 to Jan 2003.
- Scientific Officer, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India, Sep 1998 to Nov 2010.(on sabbatical)
- JSPS Post Doctoral Fellow at Laboratory for Materials Strength and Characterisation in 3D/4D, Dept. of Mechanical Eng. Toyohashi University of Technology, Nov 2010 to present.
yScientific society belongingz
- The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS member 476506)
- The Japan Institute of Materials (JIM member no. 2110513)
yCareer of receiving prizesz
- JSPS Fellowship Award
- Awarded 2nd prize to the paper gEffect of Microstructure on Fatigue Crack Growth Rate and Fracture Toughness in AISI 403 Stainless Steel,h Presented at 49th Annual Technical Meeting Calcutta Indian Institute of Metals November 1995.
- Biography selected for 27th edition of MARQUIS Whofs Who in the World.