Element concentration mapping
Fig. 1 Process of absorption edge formation (top). 3D concentration mapping of copper in Al-5Cu as-cast alloy and solution-treated specimen (bottom left). At a glance, copper seemed to be evenly distributed after heat treatment, but there were large local differences, as shown in the bottom-right figure.
Fig. 2 Visualization of Zn concentration distribution in foamed Al-10Zn-1.5Ca-1.5Ti-1.0Mg by absorption edge difference imaging. The 4D observation of the fracture process clearly demonstrated the relationship between the fracture pathway and the regions of high Zn concentrations.
- H. Toda, M. Kobayashi, Y. Suzuki, A. Takeuchi, K. Uesugi, X-ray Micro- and Nano-tomography Techniques and Their Applications, Kenbikyo, Vol.44CNo.3C2009C199-205.
- H. Toda, M. Kobayashi, Y. Suzuki, A. Takeuchi, K. Uesugi, 3D¥4D Materials Science: Its Current State and Prospects, Hihakaikensa, Vol.58CNo.10C2009C433-438
- H.Toda, M. Kobayashi, Fracture Behavior Analysis in Pours Metals by X-ray Micro-tomography, Materia, Vol.47CNo.4C2008C191-195.
- H. Toda, M. Sato, H. Okuda, M. Kobayashi, Observation and analysis of materials with synchrotron radiation, Keikinzoku Vol.61, No.1, 2011
- H. Toda, K. Shimizu, K. Uesugi, Y. Suzuki and M. Kobayashi, Application of dual-energy K-edge subtraction imaging to assessment of heat treatments in Al-Cu Alloys, Materials Transactions, Vol. 51, No.11, 2010, 2045-2048
- Q. Zhang, H. Toda, Y. Takami, Y. Suzuki, K. Uesugi, M. Kobayashi, Assessment of 3D inhomogeneous microstructure of highly alloyed aluminium foam via dual energy K-edge subtraction imaging, Philosophical Magazine, Vol.90, No.14, 2010, 1853-1871
- H. Toda, T. Nishimura, K. Uesugi, Y. Suzuki, M. Kobayash, Influence of high-temperature solution treatments on mechanical properties of an Al-Si-Cu aluminum alloy, Acta Materialia, Vol.58, 2010, 2014-2025