High resolution imaging
Fig. 1 Comparison of a 3D image by projection CT (right: displayed as an imaginary section image) and a SEM (scanning electron microscope) image of the same section (left)
Fig. 4 Visualization of grain boundaries (green) and eutectic silicon grains (pink) in AC4CH cast aluminum alloy
Fig. 5 Interactions between grain boundaries (yellow) and fatigue cracks (green) of 2024 aluminum alloy
- Y. Suzuki and H. Toda, Section 7.1, "Fresnel zone-plate microscopy and microtomography” in Chapter 7 "Tomography using magnifying optics", Advanced Tomographic Methods in Materials Research and Engineering, 2008, 181-201, Oxford University Press
- H. Toda, M. Kobayashi, Y. Suzuki, A. Takeuchi, K. Uesugi, 3D･4D Materials Science: Its Current State and Prospects, Hihakaikensa, Vol.58，No.10，2009，433-438
- H. Toda, M. Kobayashi, Y. Suzuki, A. Takeuchi, K. Uesugi, X-ray Micro- and Nano-tomography Techniques and Their Applications, Kenbikyo, Vol.44，No.3，2009，199-205.
- H. Toda, M. Sato, H. Okuda, M. Kobayashi, Observation and analysis of materials with synchrotron radiation, Keikinzoku Vol.61, No.1, 2011
- K.H. Khor, H. Toda, J.-Y. Buffiere, W. Ludwig, H.S. Ubhi, P.J. Gregson and I. Sinclair, In-situ high resolution synchrotron X-ray tomography of crack closure micromechanisms, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, Vol. 16, 2004, S3511-S3515 (Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter TOP PAPERS 2004)
- H. Toda, K. Uesugi, A. Takeuchi, K. Minami, M. Kobayashi and T. Kobayashi, Three-dimensional observation of nanoscopic precipitates in an aluminium alloy by microtomography with Fresnel zone plate optics, Applied Physics Letters, Vol.89, Issue 14, 2006, 143112H.
- M. Kobayashi, H. Toda, K. Uesugi, T. Ohgaki, T. Kobayashi, Y. Takayama, B.-G. Ahn, Preferential penetration path of gallium into grain boundary in practical aluminium alloy, Philosophical Magazine, Vol. 86, No.28, 2006, 4351-4366
- L. Li, H. Toda, T. Ohgaki, M. Kobayashi, T. Kobayashi, K. Uesugi and Y. Suzuki, Wavelet-based local region-of-interest reconstruction for synchrotron radiation X-ray microtomography, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.102, 2007, 114908-1-9